• Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • Get new posts sent to your inbox!
      Enter your email address below:

  • Wednesday, November 19, 2014

    The Lake District

    While walking, I've been shipping a box with my laptop to towns I plan on staying in overnight. This is commonly called a bounce box to long distance hikers. I sent the box a couple weeks ahead of me before buying a touring bike, then stayed for a week with some friends in Coalville in Leicestershire, England. Anyway, my laptop will be with me now, so I should be able to keep the blog more up-to-date. Before buying my bike, I walked through the Lake District.

    These photos are a couple weeks old, but as one of the most beautiful areas in northwest England, I wanted to post them anyway.

    Luckily, it didn't rain on the hike up, but that would change... of course :)

    Although the rain didn't last long. 

    Although cycling has been a nice change of pace and a whole new experience, which can be exciting and exhilarating at times, one thing I will miss from walking...

    ...are those beautiful places that you can only get to on foot.